We extend our CFP to permit to OWASP community in Africa to participate to the second edition of OWASP AppSec Morocco & Africa 2018
We need volunteers, speakers and sponsors.
OWASP AppSec Morocco & Africa 2018 follows the OWASP Conference Policies and Code of Conducts.
TOPICS OF INTEREST
In general, there is no restriction on the subject of the talks, as long as the topic is related to Application Security (not necessarily Web). We will not accept any talks regarding other aspects of Security, that are not applicative in nature. Talks at any technical level can be accepted.We especially appreciate talks from security folk in large organizations (« security consumers ») who can share different Case Studies from the field.
Specifically, the topics we look for include, but are not limited to, the following subject areas:
- Secure Engineering: secure coding, static analysis, applicationthreat modelling, web frameworks security, countermeasures, SDLC, DevOps, etc.
- Mobile security: Development and/or testing devices and the mobile web
- Cloud security: Offensive and defensive considerations for cloud-based web applications
- Infrastructure security: Database security, VoIP, hardware, identity management
- Penetration testing: Methodologies, tools, exploit development, evasion techniques, OSINT, etc.
- Emerging web technologies and associated security considerations
- Applied Cryptography: Relevant research, new models, algorithm usage, interesting attacks, and other applications.
- Incident response: Threat detection, triage, malware analysis, forensics, rootkit detection
- OWASP tools and projects in practice
- Policy and legal: Legislation, privacy, regulations and compliance, C-level considerations, etc.
- Cool hacks and other fun stuff: cryptography, social engineering, etc.
- Cognitive Security
Please use Easy Chair to submit your proposal.
Only submissions entered into this form will be considered.
To submit a proposal, please submit an abstract of your intended presentation (500 to 4000 characters), a brief biography (150 to 800 characters), a headshot, and a signed copy of the speaker agreement. Talks without all required information may not be considered. Your planned presentation time is limited to a maximum of 15 minutes (excluding ~5 minutes for discussion and change of speaker). Feel free to attach a preliminary version of your presentation if available. Any proposal submitted is subject to a democratic vote by the program committee. Keep in mind: The better your description of the talk, the better picture the program committee will have to review your submission. Please proofread your submission; after approval your abstract, biography, and headshot will be published verbatim into the program and website.
If you have any issues or need to discuss this with a committee member, please email Azzeddine RAMRAMI. (Please do not email him proposals, though, only via the submission form.)
DATES AND DEADLINES
Submission Deadline : October 30, 2018
Notification of acceptance : November 05, 2018
Final materials due for review : November 10, 2018
Workshop day: : November 15th, 2018
Please make sure to submit your proposal before the deadline, to allow us enough time to review all the proposals and select the best ones, and still notify everybody with enough time. Only submissions entered into this form will be considered. In order to ensure that we can give serious consideration to the content of the lecture, please make sure your submission is as complete and specific as possible.
By your submission you agree to the OWASP Speaker Agreement. It requires that you use an OWASP presentation template. Presentations may not use company-themed decks or include a company logo except on the speaker bio slide. Failure to observe these requirements will result in talk removal.
All presentation slides will be published on the conference website. Pictures and other materials in presentations should not violate any copyrights. Presentation submitters are solely liable for copyright violations. You may choose any Creative Commons license for your slides, including CC0. OWASP suggests the use of open licenses.